At The Summit Center, we understand that caring for a child with chronic health conditions can be a complicated and often exhausting experience. Children’s Health Homes is a service model that provides a care manager to help all of your child’s caregivers and providers communicate with each other.
Enrolling in a Health Home is free for eligible children. Summit Care Managers ensure your child has access to needed services and supports to stay healthy, out of the emergency room, and out of the hospital, including:
- Assessing health needs working with you on meeting goals
- Coordinating doctor appointments, transportation, prescription refills
- 24/7 availability for information and emergency consultation services
- Coordinating transition plans between providers
- Individual and Family Support
- Referral to Community and Social Support Services
Children, birth to age 21, who are enrolled in Medicaid and have two or more chronic health conditions (including, but not limited to, Asthma, ADHD, Depression, Ear, Nose and Throat Diagnoses, Obesity, and Prematurity) or one single qualifying condition (including HIV/AIDS, Serious Emotional Disturbance, and Complex Trauma)
For more information, call us at 716-629-3400.